Forecasting & Qualification
To ensure uninterrupted supplies of required commodities, PHSL undertakes demand and Supply forecasting, develops and submits forecasts to the manufacturers of individual commodities used under the various programs to ensure that these forecasts are included in the manufacturing pipeline. We also liaise closely with end users to be able to monitor of stock levels, usage and expiry for efficient inventory management.
ProcurementPHSL undertakes procurement processes including management of the tendering and contracting processes. Regular coordination with manufacturers to place orders and continuous follow-up ensures timely delivery to local programs. Monthly reports are prepared related to the progress of each order until delivery and submitted according to the terms of trade negotiated.
Quality Assurance refers to the management activities required to ensure that the medicines (and/or other health products) that reach patients are safe, effective and acceptable to the patient. These activities may include, but are not limited to, (pharmaceutical products) registration, pre-qualification and quality control.
PHSL has a robust quality assurance system in place. The company has acquired international-standard QA compliance (ISO 9001:2008) which assures that our clients receive the highest possible level of quality service. We also conform to all regulatory and compliance standards in the Kenyan market and all other markets that we provide services to including full lot and batch traceability.
Pharmaceuticals and other health products procured by PHSL must at all times comply with national regulations and, where applicable, be authorized by the national drug regulatory authority in the country in which they are used, following its standard practices for registration (or other forms of authorization, such as authorizations for special use).
Our quality assurance covers core business aspects such as:
- Forecasting and quantification
- Prequalification of products and manufacturers
- Procurement of pharmaceutical products
- Storage of pharmaceutical products
- Distribution of pharmaceutical products
It also covers support services such as finance, human resource, information technology and administration.
Inbound ShipmentsPHSL has established relationships and contacts with regulatory bodies and local government departments that have facilitated expedited processing of import documentation and tax waivers (where applicable). PHSL coordinates smooth and timely clearance of consignments on arrival at the port of entry and arranges delivery to designated warehouse to ensure that the consignments are received in the warehouse in good order and condition without exposure to weather elements or undue delay at customs resulting in payment of demurrage.
Phillips Healthcare services Limited provides comprehensive pharmaceutical warehouse solutions and value added services to take care of every step of your supply chain from receipt of goods to distribution.
Receiving and storage are part of an integrated, streamlined process. Quality inspections ensure your specifications are met.
Our high density pallet storage is cost and space efficient, and our operations are designed to handle a broad range different types of medical products.
We also offer other services like labeling, repacking, and inventory solutions. Our warehouse is equipped with all the facilities required for the safe storage of pharmaceutical products
We also provide cold chain services for pharmaceutical supply chain services Kenya. At our modern warehousing facilities in Nairobi, we have cold rooms that comply with WHO and GDP requirements, whose temperature range is 2-8°C.
Our cold chain shipping is controlled via environmental monitoring systems, Quality Management System, validation / qualification and mapping. The temperature recording devices are also calibrated as per the requirements of the Kenya Bureau of standards. The facility is also inspected annually by the directorate of Safety and Health.
The receiving and packaging processes are undertaken within the cold room environment, and we conduct temperature data logging and analysis as well as quality assessments as required.
Our facilities and processes are subject to regular GDP audits to satisfy the stringent regulatory, quality, risk and security standards of our clients.
We are also ISO 9001:2008 certified and our actions to minimize risk consist of regular audits of our QMS and reinforcement of training in SOPs.
PHSL has clearly defined order processing steps that ensure order fulfillment process achieves maximum efficiency. These include the following:
- A standard order form is used whereby customers fill in their order requirements to facilitate order processing.
- PHSL provides a number of options for order submission to meet various customers’ needs including e-mail, fax, placing orders on phone, hand delivery and through postal or courier services.
- On receiving customer orders, a confirmation of receipt is sent either through email or phone call.
- PHSL has internal order approval processes to ensure incomplete orders are verified with the customers for additional information.
- Approved orders are then distributed to all relevant parties to complete actions related to the order.
- In carrying out the order fulfillment process, PHSL strives to ensure superior customer service. We place a premium on extensive communication with our customers ensuring that they are aware of every step in processing their orders. Some of our communication with our customers include:
- Availability of goods in their order.
- In the event that commodities are unavailable or need to have their quantities altered or expected delay in delivering goods.
- Informing customers on goods dispatch and expected delivery date.
- Request customers to confirm receipt of goods.
- Collection of customer feedback on services rendered.
DeliveryPHSL undertakes transportation and delivery of the pharmaceuticals, nutritional and test reagents to designated sites directly or through third party contractors such as DHL and local courier companies in compliance with all applicable manufacturer requirements and following good distribution practices.
ReportingPHSL captures a lot of data in the course of its operations which when analyzed provides useful information for decision making. In order to support our partners with complete, accurate and timely data, an inventory management system has been established from which standard reports can be generated on request. In addition, PHSL provides monthly reports for routine operations including order management and inventory management. Depending on the partner requirements customized reports can also be availed for adhoc requests, monthly, quarterly, semi annually or annual basis. In the event that required reports are not routinely available, PHSL will work with the partner to customize such a reports to the partner’s satisfaction and thereafter generate and avail such a reports as required.